Search Service Provider
- Related Topics
- What is medical tourism?
- Who are medical tourists?
- How should I confirm that Sharak is a legitimate, ethical company?
- Why should I go abroad for medical or surgical procedures?
- What is the reason for selecting some countries as your medical tourism destinations?
- How do the cost differ in medical procedures abroad?
- What is the point in working with a medical tourism agency, when I can arrange things myself?
- What kind of healthcare do Sharak provide to its medical tourists?
- What is the reason of cheap medical procedures in some countries?
- What if a medical procedure abroad is not advised by my family doctor ?
- Why should I trust the Indian doctors?
- What are the services provided by Sharak?
- What happens if something goes wrong abroad?
- Am I allowed to have a word with your past clients about their experience?
- Will I be able to contact Sharak, while I am abroad?
- What is the most important factor that I should consider?
- What is the time period for which I have to stay at the destination after my procedure?
- What is the possibility of hospitals being safe outside?
- Is it safe to travel a long distance after the surgical procedure?
- For how many hours does your employees work?
- Will the doctors and/or hospitals be selected by you?
- How can I correspond with a doctor in a foreign country?
- Are all the procedures (also the ones I am interested in) listed on your website?
- Will there be any additional charge, if I bring a relative or a friend?
- Am I allowed to book my own hotel stay?
- Can I make my own flight arrangements?
- What if after arriving at the destination, I decide not to proceed with the procedure?
- While I am abroad, can I change my itinerary?
- Will I be able to use my frequent flyer miles for my flight?
1. What is medical tourism?
Medical tourism is the process of travelling abroad to obtain health care and certain medical procedures. The driving force beyond medical tourism is its cost effectiveness. People from Canada, Europe and now from US also travel outside their regions to obtain medical procedures due to long waiting periods associated with socialized medicine. Medical care, packaged with traditional therapies like yoga, meditation, ayurveda, allopathy, and other traditional systems of medicines, attract high-end tourists especially from European countries and the Middle East.
2. Who are medical tourists?
Medical tourists are people from the industrialized nations of the world who travel to different places where they can obtain their medical care at an affordable cost. These people come from countries like The United States, Canada, Great Britain, Western Europe and The Middle East.
3. How should I confirm that Sharak is a legitimate, ethical company?
Sharak is one of the premier and most comprehensive Healthcare service facilitator in the Indian Market. With vast experience in Healthcare industry, our group company is in network of more then 3000 hospitals in India and associated with almost all health insurance companies, serving approximately 10 million live across the country.
We are also into the management of International patients by having collaborations/tie-ups with various International Insurance Companies, Healthcare Facilitators, Multi speciality/Tertiary care hospitals and tourism industry.
4. Why should I go abroad for medical or surgical procedures?
The cost of medical procedures in the countries that we select is generally 50 to 80 % less expensive than in other countries. The cost for each individual varies depending on their need and requirements. Usually, procedures such as knee replacement would cost on average of $30,000 in the US. Whereas getting that same procedure done using similar quality in our selected countries would cost 40-60% less than the cost in the US, including the hospital stay, all procedure and physicians costs and transportation. Also, you can have a vacation in an exotic country.
5. What is the reason for selecting some countries as your medical tourism destinations?
The reason for selecting some countries as medical tourism destination required consideration of several factors. One of the most important factor was, these countries are the most experienced and have highest quality in global medical tourism sector. Next is these countries have some of the most highly qualified and experienced physicians in the world. With a cultural emphasis on education, most of these physicians have gone on to super-specialize in their field, enabling them to become experts in their respective medical specialities. In addition to healthcare facilities and technology, they also have an advanced transportation and communication systems.
6. How do the cost differ in medical procedures abroad?
The cost difference depends on the type of your medical procedure. The cost of a procedure is typically 50-80% less in our selected countries as compared to others. The greatest difference in the cost of procedure is found in cardiac procedures which is 75-90% less in our countries. You can expect a procedure to cost you less than or equal to $5000 if it is for $10,000 in other countries.
7. What is the point in working with a medical tourism agency, when I can arrange things myself?
Its true that you can arrange things yourself, like contacting an overseas hospital directly, scheduling your appointments and booking all your arrangements. However, If you give medical tourism agency a chance to serve you, then they will take care of all the work for you. The medical tourism agencies have a direct connection to all the administrators of your hospital. They personally inspect the affiliate hospitals, and meet the doctors directly. The agencies have a record of the past clients who have had your procedure, and you can speak to them about their experience with the destination, the doctor, the hospital and even the hotel.
8. What kind of healthcare do Sharak provide to its medical tourists?
Medical tourists have a wide variety of options regarding the medical procedures abroad. They can have from elective procedures like face lifts, liposuction, dental crowns, Lasik to more serious procedures like joint replacements, hysterectomies, cardiac bypass surgery and spinal disc replacements. These medical procedures abroad are available to the individuals for a fraction of the cost that they would face in their home countries.
9. What is the reason of cheap medical procedures in some countries?
Some of the reasons are :
- The annual insurance paid by the doctors. In countries like US, the annual insurance is around $100,000 annually, whereas in other countries it is $4000 annually.
- The cost of medical supplies, equipments and medications is cheap.
- There is no emergency room bad debt.
- The cost of labour is low.
- Less administrative paper shuffling.
- The exchange rates are favourable.
- Government taxes are low.
- Cost of construction (building hospitals) is less expensive.
10. What if a medical procedure abroad is not advised by my family doctor ?
Most of the hospitals throughout the world are accredited by JCAHO or Joint Commission International, a US based hospital accreditation organization. Just make sure that your hospital is accredited by JCAHO. Your family may deny for medical procedure abroad due to the non-accreditation of the hospital by JCAHO.
11. Why should I trust the Indian doctors?
The Indian doctors are some of the most highly qualified and experienced physicians in the world with super-specialization in their respective fields. We provide you with all the information; you need about the doctors. We can arrange phone conversations or even video conferencing with the doctors so that you are fully satisfied before going for the procedure.
12. What are the services provided by Sharak?
Sharak employees are available 24/7 at your service. We will guide you through the entire process of medical tourism. Your main aim is to receive a medical procedure and our aim is to serve you the best we can. To receive more information about our process, please follow this link :
13. What happens if something goes wrong abroad?
This is the major concern among the patients who travel abroad for medical treatments. The hospitals that we have selected have an international brand image. One mistake with a patient and the hospital gets a negative publicity. This means a detrimental blow to the international patients for some time. These hospitals invest a huge amount of resources in building a brand image; they make sure that their patients are safe and satisfied at every level of their procedure or surgery.
14. Am I allowed to have a word with your past clients about their experience?
We totally respect the privacy of our clients and only assign referrals to those who give permission to do so. It will be our pleasure to refer you to past client who have had the same procedure as yours. This is possible, if you decide to move forward with Sharak. Also, in return your referral will be appreciated once you return home after recovery.
15. Will I be able to contact Sharak, while I am abroad?
Prior to you departure from your destination, you will be given 3 contact numbers. These contacts include your, Sharak Program Manager, the Doctor of Facilitation, and the Business Head of Sharak. In India, you will receive a cell phone to use through the duration of your treatment.
16. What is the most important factor that I should consider?
There are two most important factors that an individual should consider while travelling abroad. One is cost and second is the type of surgery. Cost has always been an important factor when seeking medical care. If you consider SHARAK for your medical procedures abroad, then we will assure and assist you in finding the best remedy for your problem which will be less expensive. Regarding surgery, you should be very serious and should discuss it with your family and doctor. We are always at your service to help you in finding the best hospitals and doctors to perform your medical procedure.
17. What is the time period for which I have to stay at the destination after my procedure?
The time of your stay at the destination depends on your procedure. Some procedures require a stay of 2-3 weeks while others may take 4-5 days. Your doctor will advise you on the length of your stay in the hospital as well in the hotel after discharge.
18. What is the possibility of hospitals being safe outside?
The hospitals in our network have high standards of hygiene, modernity and the use of technology. We personally check for all these facilities provided to our clients. Our hospitals are accredited by their government and non-government entities. We also make possible efforts with the management teams of foreign hospitals to get accreditation from JCAHO i.e. Joint Commission International.
19. Is it safe to travel a long distance after the surgical procedure?
The recuperation time needed after surgery totally depends on the type of your procedure or surgery. This time will be decided by your surgeon. Once he feels that you can travel back home, then we will inform you and make the arrangements for your return.
20. For how many hours does your employees work?
Our SPM , the Sharak Program Manager is available round the clock to serve you. He/she will always be present at your service. You are free to contact them anytime and should not worry about not being able to contact SPM.
21. Will the doctors and/or hospitals be selected by you?
This selection totally depends on you. Our main aim is to provide you with every piece of information you need about medical tourism options. We do not advise or encourage any of the doctors and/or hospitals in our network. It is completely your choice to decide whether you will select the doctors/hospitals on your own or will go with the doctors in our network. We will appreciate your decision and will help you with everything you need.
22. How can I correspond with a doctor in a foreign country?
We will help you in conducting a correspondence with your doctor. It can be done through phone or video conferencing or email. You can directly speak to your doctor about your problems. In case of cosmetic surgery, your surgeon may need some images of the regions for surgery. In other cases, the doctor may ask for medical history or documents about your medical check-up in your country.
23. Are all the procedures (also the ones I am interested in) listed on your website?
We have covered a wide spectrum of medical procedures on our website. If you are not able to find the procedure of your interest on our website, then feel free to contact us so that we may assist you in gathering information about that procedure.
24. Will there be any additional charge, if I bring a relative or a friend?
We encourage our clients to bring a companion along with them. They can stay in the same hotel room at no additional charge. In fact, many of our hotel affiliates offer large buffet breakfast for two. The only extra expense that your companion will incur will be the cost of the flight, meals, and other travel essentials.
25. Am I allowed to book my own hotel stay?
Yes, you can book hotel yourself. The hotels that we select have a great reputation for customer service, safety, amenities and convenience. Our affiliate hotels provide customers safety, which is the main concern. The hotel selected by you may be less expensive but it may be in an unsafe area or have poor customer service.
26. Can I make my own flight arrangements?
Yes, you can make flight arrangements yourself. You might face difficulty in changing the schedule of flight yourself. Our travel partner helps our clients in booking the flights as per their schedule. Also, any changes in the schedule will be handled by our travel partner. The clients should not worry about the flights.
27. What if after arriving at the destination, I decide not to proceed with the procedure?
if you decide to not go through with your procedure after meeting your doctor and touring the hospital, you will be refunded 90% of your initial deposit. For more information, please see our Guarantee.
28. While I am abroad, can I change my itinerary?
Our SPM, Sharak Program Manager will take care of all your changes. Just discuss with him, what all you need and he/she will revise your flight itinerary, your hotel stay etc. SPM will even inform your family about the changes made.
29. Will I be able to use my frequent flyer miles for my flight?
For additional savings you can use your frequent flyer mileage. Some of our past clients have done that. If you want, our travel partner can assist you in using your flyer mileage.